Notice to Members
22 November 2020
It has been a busy year for the Boatshed and Waterfront. Demand for trades such as shipwrights, painters and engineering has been high since February and we have been running at full capacity since then. Staff and sub-contractors very much appreciate the business and the support from the RSYS membership.
Due to the high demand and our large work list leading in to Christmas, our tradespeople and sub-contractors are unable to take on any new jobs until mid-January 2021. We still have some slots available for anti fouling and detailing in December, but they are filling fast.
The Boatyard will shut down for 2020 on Friday 18th December for a well-deserved break. We will be open for bookings from Monday 11th January 2021. Tender service and fuel will be available every day except for Christmas Day during this period.
If you would like to speak to the team to organise works for 2021 please don’t hesitate to get in contact with Ned or Louise on 02 9017 0161.
Ned and the Waterfront Team.
The RSYS Waterfront area at the south-east end of Careening Cove is supported by excellent yard and land-based facilities including:
• Travel lift with 18 tonne capacity (Up to 50’ L.O.A)
• 2 x 360 degree jib cranes with 2.5 tonne lifting capacity
• An assortment of yard cradle configurations to suit most vessels
• Storage cradles to suit one design vessels such as Etchells, Ynglings, Dragons and sports boats
• Fully EPA approved boat yard with capacity for up to 8 vessels
• Quick slips
• Roll, brush and spray application of antifoul
• Fuel – Diesel & PULP
• Members’ workshop and lockers
• 4 Walker Bay dinghies with inflatable tubing
• 7 day tender service, servicing Careening Cove, Neutral Bay and Shell Cove.
Our waterfront and yard facilities are complemented by a range of onsite contractor services including shipwrights, spray painters, diesel mechanics, marine engineers and marine electronics, with rigging, trimming and boat brokers all located within Careening Cove.
The boat yard operates on a two-tiered pricing structure with RSYS Members receiving discounted rates.
*DIY cradles are normally available for RSYS Members only, with discounted weekend rates, however currently closed.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
7.30am – 4.00pm
Waterfront Admin and Enquiries
Louise Alves email@example.com
Tel: +61 2 9017 0161 Fax: +61 2 9955 1952
Please complete the online enquiry form. Our staff will contact you to finalise a quote as quickly as possible.