Dear Members and friends,
Please do not enter the Squadron by land or water if you or any member of your household:
- live or work in any of the Local Government Areas of concern as listed at www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/affected-area;
- are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious);
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
- I have scanned-in using the NSW Health approved QR CODE
- I live within the North Sydney LGA or within 5km of the Club, and am fully COVID-19 vaccinated and can provide the relevant documentation should it be required;
- I have a valid reason to attend the Club as per the exemptions noted on the Club’s website and the Public Health Order;
- I am not, nor is anyone I live with or in close contact with, undergoing testing or awaiting results for the COVID-19 virus;
- I have not, nor has anyone I live with or am in close contact with, tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and have not been medically cleared as non-contagious;
- I do not have any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever);
- I have not visited any of the venues listed at www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/nsw-covid-19-case-locations,
during the periods that NSW Health requires you to self-isolate and get tested immediately or monitor for symptoms;
- I will, at all times, maintain social distancing measures (as per the NSW Health guidelines) with respect to other Members, visitors and staff;
- I will carry a face mask with me and wear it, at all times, whilst on the premises.
Our priority has to be the health and welfare of our Members, guests and staff at this time.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
Chief Executive Officer
Valid reasons you can come to the Club
Current as at 13 September 2021
Exercising or outdoor recreation
- stay within your local government area. If you need to cross into another local government area, you must stay within 5km of your home
- you can exercise (sail) with 1 other person that you do not live with, or your nominated visitor (“singles bubble”)
- if you live with more than 2 other people, you can all exercise together
- physical distancing and gathering rules apply at all times – including at the boat ramp and on your boat.
- Get in, go sailing, go home; keep your distance from others at your club
- Do not carpool with anyone outside your family
- Masks must be worn at all times, except when exercising.
Getting food or other goods and services for the personal needs of the household or for other household purposes, for pets or for vulnerable people
- only one person per household should leave home to get food or other goods and services each day (you can take a dependent person with you if that person can’t be left at home)
- the goods and services must be picked up within the local government area where you live, or within 5km of where you live, but not in an area of concern. If the goods or services are not available in the local government area where you live, or within 5km of where you live, you can travel to the nearest place where they are available
Maintaining and servicing your vessel
Provided you live in the North Sydney LGA or within 5 km of the Club you can access a vessel on a mooring to maintain, service or check on systems and make sure it is safe and compliant
The following activities are considered reasonable excuses to leave your home to ensure the safety of a vessel or undertaking a legal obligation and are not limited to your LGA:
- Access a vessel at a marina or on a mooring to maintain, service or check on systems and make sure it is safe and compliant (as a legal obligation)
- Take a vessel to a marina or boat shed for repairs or servicing
- Pick up vessel from a marina or boat shed after servicing
- Move a vessel between marinas or moorings for relocation purposes.
Non-urgent repairs and maintenance to your boat is not a reasonable excuse.
As part of NSW Police Operation Stay at Home, the following relates to boating and what is permitted within the current Public Health Orders
All New South Wales including Greater Sydney (but not LGA’s of Concern/Declared Areas):
- Recreational boating and fishing are allowed. Boating includes, power, sail and paddle craft. It can include any type of activity that may be considered recreation, swimming, sunbaking etc.
- You must remain in your LGA or, if you need to go outside of your LGA, up to 5km from your residence.
- Boating/fishing activity is limited to the same household members or if from different households a maximum of two people. They must be able to socially distance from each other.
- A boat ramp location is not a consideration, you must be within your LGA or 5km from your residence.
- Coastal Waters are included in the adjacent LGA or to anyone living within 5km. Police will treat coastal waters out to 3 nautical miles.
- A person cannot travel along a water system outside of their LGA or further than 5km from their residence to reach coastal waters
- Where a body of water (harbour) is bounded by several LGA’s a person may be on that main body of water but cannot travel through or past other LGAs to reach other rivers, estuariess or open sea.
- You must always be within your LGA area, 5km from your residence or if applicable coastal waters connected to your LGA.