RSYS is excited to be hosting the first leg of the international SailGP tour starting this week. Six national teams (including an Australian team) will be racing identical supercharged 50 foot catamarans engineered for intense racing at electrifying speeds in excess of 50 knots.
Racing & Broadcast
Friday, February 15, 4-6 p.m.
Saturday, February 16, 3-5 p.m.
Fox Sports: Live host broadcast; full race replays (check local listings)
Kayo Sports: Live multi-view video
SailGP APP: Supplementary video and data; full race replay (24 hours post-race)
Facebook: Full race replay (24 hours post-race)
VHF channel 20
A message to our Members
The event organisers will occupy the main floor of the clubhouse from 11 - 19 Feb. We ask for your forbearance with any inconvenience this causes but hope that you appreciate this is a prestigious event our Club is hosting and that you have the time to enjoy the spectacle either from the CCA or out in the Harbour..
Watch the action from your own boat
Please note there will be established public viewing areas and exclusion zones. If you registered for the SailGP Boater program, they will email you course information. Last minute flags may be collected from Woolahra sailing Club. You can listen to live commentary on VHF channel 20.
RSYS Careening Cove
Book a table for lunch (call Reception) and enjoy the action from large TV screens showing the live stream broadcast and expert commentary. Please enter the CCA via 'Under the Sail', not through the clubhouse. NB the race track will not be visible from the terrace. The boats will dock briefly at RSYS before and after racing to collect and deliver the crews.
RSYS Youth Sailing lawn
We will set up tables, chairs and a refreshment stall serving beer, wine and soft drinks. Members and their guests can enjoy the action from large TV screens showing the live stream broadcast and expert commentary.
RSYS Rooftop Bar
Friday 15 Feb from 4pm. Please do not enter via the Shell Cove Room but via the side door adjacent to the Club rooms.
RSYS Sailing Office has an attractive range of commemorative T-shirts, polos, caps and jackets on sale until Saturday.
view SailGP merchandise list here
Note to Members
Next week will be very busy at our Club. Please note:
• This is a high profile event and there will be security guards at all entrances
• Carry your Member card to expedite access
• Car park is reserved for Members only
• You must sign in your guests prior to their arrival or they will not be granted access
• The CCA will be open for breakfast & lunch on Friday 15 Feb to Sunday 17 Feb and for dinner on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 Feb
• The Dining Room will not be open Monday 11 Feb - Tuesday 19 Feb, re-opening 20 Feb.
For Sailing Members
If you wish to watch the action from your boat, please register with the SailGP Boater program. Then collect a SailGP flag from RSYS on Saturday 9 or Sunday 10 Feb, 10am-2pm. You may also collect your flag on race days from Woollahra Sailing Club.
RSYS Sailing schedule
Boat owners and sailors, please note that from Monday 11 - Tuesday 19 Feb the RSYS sailing program will be as follows:
12 Feb Tuesday Twilights
13 Feb RPEYC Wednesday Series
15 Feb Friday Twilights CANCELLED
16 Feb Saturday all racing CANCELLED
17 Feb NO Youth training.
19 Feb Tuesday Twilights
Please advise your crew.
From Monday 11 – Tuesday 19 Feb, access will be affected by SailGP activities as follows:
• Fuel available as normal
• Tender service available as normal
• The Hardstand and outer pontoon are closed
• The inner pontoon is to be used for pick ups, drop offs and tender service
• Access to inner pontoon is via CCA or the ‘goat track’
• No berthing anywhere - short or long term
• No access to the Members shed
• Boatshed closed
• Skippers must sign in their crew on arrival otherwise they will not be granted entry to the Clubhouse.
• Non-member crew should identify themselves at entry points and provide the name of the vessel/skipper they are sailing with.