Forty seven boats enjoyed an eventful day on Saturday 9 September. Along with the weekly Spring Series racing for the divisions, it was also the first Mini B regatta of the season.
Although the forecast earlier in the week for Saturday had been light to medium in strength, it was a different story on the day; a strong southerly gusting 25+ knots provided plenty of ammunition for boats to fly downwind and whilst reaching. As expected there was plenty of broaching as well.
Make sure you get down to the Club this Saturday for the next Spring and SIS Series race and the second Mini A regatta.
Podium Results (PHS)
- Hell Razer – Ian MacDiarmid
- Sydney – Charles Curran
- I Super – Peter Campbell
- Solange – A King / T Carroll / W Hutchinson
- Soundtrack – John Amos (CYCA)
- Agent 88 – Steve Ellis (RPAYC)
- Basilisk – Michael Dally
- Tingari – John Jeremy
- Casamajor – Charles Moore
- Ciao – Doug McGain / Michael O’Brien
- Wobbegong 2 – Doug Flynn
- Carabella IV – Matthew McCann
- Elliott 1 – Nick Rozenauers (6 pts)
- Purple Patch – Jervis Tilly (8 pts)
- Elliott 3 – Fergus Abbott AND Reo Speedwagon – Andrew York (CYCA) (9 pts)
- Wyandot – Bryan Riddell (4 pts)
- Miss Pibb – Hamish Jarrett / Max Hayman (5 pts)
- Evie – Karyn Gojnich (9 pts)
By Angus Olding